|Slinger Banksman training with Didac delivers practical skills and theoretical knowledge allowing candidates to operate in compliance with HSE requirements.|
|Which accreditation is right for you?||NPORS||ITSSAR|
|Training is available to|
|Duration, Learners and Assessment|
|Training Duration||1-3 Days||1-3 Days|
|Learners||3 Maximum||3 Maximum|
|Training Manual and User Guidance||✓||✓|
|Registration Fees (Per Person)|
|Certificate/Registration||£17.50 + VAT||£4.50 + VAT|
|Photo ID Card (750gsm)||£17.50 + VAT||£7.50 + VAT|
|Photo ID Card & Certificate||£22.50 + VAT||£7.50 + VAT|
|HSE Regulation Compliance|
|PUWER 1998 Read more||✓||✓|
|LOLER 1998 Read more||✓||✓|
|The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Read more||✓||✓|
Get a Quote
PRICE AND TRAINING DATES
Slinger Banksman training prices and availability are dependent upon location as training is delivered on clients' premises.
To receive a quotation, complete the Get-A-Quote form including a postcode and our sales staff will contact you with full details.
0800 773 4230
- Legal Duties
- Lifting Tackle Types and Uses
- Understanding of Equipment Limitations
- Weight Estimation
- Care and Maintenance of Equipment
- Hooking Up Procedures
- Communication and Signals
- Incorporate your company’s risk assessments
- Soft copies of all course paperwork are available to employers on completion of training
- Successful candidates receive a temporary pass notification form on the day as evidence of training
To conduct Slinging training, lifting equipment sufficient that a load can be attached and lifted is required. Any of the following can be used for Slinger training courses, not all is required but adequate equipment to sling a load must be available.
|Lifting Equipment.||Lifting Tackle.|
|Block and Tackle
Lorry Loader (HIAB)
Lift Truck Attachments
Lifting Frames/Spreader Beams
Wire Rope Slings
Slinger Banksman training courses informs Banksman of their responsibilities at all stages of a lift. Candidates on the Slinger course learn proper storage and care of lifting accessories and how to work with crane operators via proper communication methods ie. recognised hand / arm signals to guide and direct loads.
Having a qualified Slinging and Lifting Banksman among your employees will help minimise risk and improve safety during any lifting operation.
Available In-House (on your site) throughout the UK the Slinging course is available across the vast majority of slinging and lifting applications.
The successful completion of Slinger Signaller courses awards candidates a Slinger Banksman certificate and photo ID card, sometimes referred to as a Slinger Banksman ticket.
On-site Slinger Banksman training, UK wide
Didac deliver on-site Slinger Signaller training and other plant courses to any location across the UK.
Some recent on-site training locations include:
Didac will always consider work overseas.
Contact us about our overseas work policy.
Frequently asked questions
- I want to work in the offshore oil and gas industry. Is this qualification suitable?
- No, you need to obtain an OPITO qualification to work in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Is there a minimum age requirement for completing the Slinger Signaller course?
- With the exception of Lift Truck operators, there is no minimum age outlined in any UK legislation for plant operators.Lift Truck operators in the UK must be over the minimum school leaving age (except in docks where they must be at least 18 years old).
You can find out more here: HSE Workplace Transport FAQ
- Is there an upper age limit for completing the Slinger Signaller course?
Full Time Training Staff
Didac instructors are full time training staff, holding the required instructor and training qualifications to deliver training to you.
Our staff undergo periodic update training to ensure that their skills remain current.
From time to time, Didac Ltd use sub-contractors to deliver training courses on our behalf. These sub-contractors are subject to the same detailed quality assurance procedures as our full time employees and hold all the correct insurances.
- Instructor and operator qualifications achieved within the last 5 years;
- Subject to random spot check site visits and auditing of paperwork;
- Public Liability insurance to the value of £5 million cover.